WHAT ARE WHOLE SCHOOL AWARDS?
School awards are presented by nationally accredited bodies as a recognition of a school’s achievements in a specific area. The process of achieving a whole school award requires a thorough evaluation of existing practice. It encourages us to question what we are doing and whether it is achieving the intended impact.
The range of awards demonstrates the depth and breadth of our curriculum. Our curriculum provision has strengths in many areas. These awards also enable us to make very strong links across the curriculum.
As an example, a project focusing on Fairtrade and justice would fit perfectly as evidence for
the Eco award, the Fairtrade Achiever, the International Award, Artsmark and possibly the REQM. These natural links also help our pupils to see the inter-connectiveness of people around the world and the common issues that they face.
As such we are constantly endeavouring to enhance the provision. In order to achieve a whole school award, a school needs to provide evidence that practice is really embedded and that it is contributing to raising whole school pedagogy and standards. We ensure that all awards are developing existing good practice.
St Peter's provision has been recognised with achieving the following accreditations:
- SCHOOL GAMES GOLD (reconfirmed July 2022) (Youth Sports Trust)
- RE QUALITY MARK GOLD (confirmed June 2016) - the highest level (The RE Council of England & Wales)
- Artsmark SILVER (confirmed January 2018) (The Arts Council)
- FAIRTRADE ACHIEVER AWARD (reconfirmed May 2021) - the highest level (The Fairtrade Foundation)
- HEALTHY SCHOOLS AWARD 2022 (Healthy Schools UK)
- BRITISH COUNCIL'S INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AWARD - full accreditation summer 2021- the highest level (The British Council)
- ECO Award - GREEN FLAG - Autumn - rewarded 2021 (Eco-Schools UK)