St Peter’s C of E Primary School Travel Information
Our School Travel Plan sets out our on-going strategy for enabling and encouraging travel undertaken by the school community to use environmentally sustainable modes of transport. Our key objectives are:
- To encourage reduced reliance on the car for journeys to and from school and to promote alternative sustainable means of travel which are more suitable and environmentally acceptable; i.e. walking, scooting, cycling, car sharing and public transport use
- To encourage considerate use of the car by the school community in order to reduce the negative impact on the local area; i.e. to ease congestion outside the school and encourage more considerate parking
- To review progress and feedback to the school community
Walking, scooting and cycling to and from school are encouraged at St Peter’s C of E School. They are healthy and sustainable means of travel. Bicycle and scooter parking is provided within the school grounds. Projects to increase the numbers of pupils who walk, scoot and cycle on the school journey are promoted to the school community.
- By Bus: A number of bus services operate in the local area. Visit www.surreycc.gov.uk/buses for more information on Farnham and Aldershot bus timetables:
- By Train: Farnham Station is approximately 2 miles from the school. Check interconnecting bus services using www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk . A taxi rank is located outside the front of the station.
- By Car: Car-sharing for the school journey is encouraged. The school is developing a Car-Sharing Register for parents interested in finding other interested parents nearby to undertake school journey shares.
The school operates a drop off zone system from 8.30 to 8.45am where adults collect children from their car and see them into the school. Any parents wishing to help run this service should contact the office for details.
Parking and Traffic Congestion
St Peter’s C of E Primary School is sited in a small residential road in Wrecclesham, Farnham. To reduce traffic congestion during school drop-off and collection times and to increase the safety of pedestrian and road users, please consider the following advice when using a car for the school journey:
Voluntary One Way System
If you have to drive to school at school drop-off and collection time, please observe our voluntary one-way system, with traffic going DOWN the hill. Approach Little Green Lane from Shortheath Road, drive down Little Green Lane passing the school on your left, reaching the T-junction with Greenfield Road at the bottom. This voluntary one way system helps to ease congestion on Little Green Lane.
- Please park with consideration to our neighbours. Please do not park on the grass verges, across driveways or close to corners.
- NEVER park or drop your children off on the yellow zig-zag lines.
- Please remember pedestrians when you are parking – make sure prams and buggies can still get
- past safely on the pavement.
- Make sure your vehicle does not obstruct the road, a nearby junction or pathway.
Our school takes part in Surrey County Council’s ParkSMART campaign. Our children are work with Surrey County Council colleagues and the local Police to encourage better parking around the school and have previously issued ‘reminder tickets’ on windscreens of poorly parked cars. By parking correctly you can help reduce accidents, improve the flow of traffic and limit the damage to the environment caused by congestion.