School Development Plan
School Development Plan 2016-2017
Leadership and management
- Improve teaching and learning across all year groups focussing on prior low attainment, disadvantaged and the most able.
- Create a clear data set each term which can be understood and interpreted quickly by teachers, governors and the Local Authority and create a consistent approach to assessing the foundation subjects.
- Governors will formulate a clear action plan which supports the strategic direction of the school and also decide by Summer Term 2017 which academy the school will join or form.
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- To embed Learning Ladders in English and Maths in years 1-6 and to adjust the use of the booklets according to age of child.
- Teachers to focus on their questioning techniques and to make clear links across subjects and concepts (eg; global/ fairtrade/SMSC & British Values) and develop the use of thinking skills to further improve independence.
- To provide the children with a high quality outdoor learning experience which will enable teachers to raise standards by providing hands on, cross curricular learning opportunities.
- Achieve the Green flag award by July 2017
- Achieve the Artsmark by July 2017
- Gather evidence towards the International Award
- Achieve the Healthy Schools Award by May 2017 and sustain the Golden Mile challenge to enhance children’s well-being.
- Utilise The Bungalow building to be effective both educationally and financially
- Produce a staffing structure for two years which includes specialist PPA teaching and SCITT placements.
- Continue academy plans.
- CPD for music and computing (2017) computing and French (2018) French, Art and DT (2019)