Thank you for showing an interest in our school. The choice of school for your child is one of the most important decisions that you will make. We hope that our prospectus and website will illustrate our aims and values and give you an idea of what we could offer your child.
A warm message from Sarah Dunning, Head Teacher
Welcome to St Peter’s Church of England Primary School. We are a two form entry Primary School providing a rounded holistic education for all our pupils. The Christian ethos of St Peter’s Primary school permeates throughout the whole school.
At St Peter’s, all of our children are valued as individuals and are supported and encouraged to reach their full potential. We pride ourselves in developing a passion for lifelong learning and our pupils are shown how they can be responsible and active citizens in their community. Our children are given confidence to show courage in their learning and their beliefs. Your child will be encouraged to understand their own thinking skills and discover how they learn best and utilise these skills. We have an exciting and safe environment at St Peter’s where children are challenged in a supportive way to achieve their very best. The learning of the children is personalised to meet individual needs.
Our school has many strengths:
- a Christian ethos which focuses on each child as an individual:
- a stimulating and creative curriculum - including outdoor learning and life skills;
- a strong focus on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development;
- a curriculum which extends children's thinking (Fairtrade and Justice, Global and Eco);
- an extraordinary range of extra curricular clubs for all ages;
- a dynamic team striving for excellence in all areas of the curriculum; and
- an exceptionally strong relationships between all community members; children and adults alike.
We value Parents' and Carers' engagement in supporting their child’s learning and staff are available to discuss progress at mutually convenient times. We welcome offers for help in class, on school trips and at clubs and indeed much of our provision could not happen without volunteers.
If you are a new parent thinking about joining our school we would love to meet you and show you what St Peter's has to offer.
We hope this website can answer your questions about the school, but if you would like to know more, please contact us.
I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our school.
Sarah Dunning M.Ed ALCM NPQH